It happens all the time, a business owner invests in a new website and abandons his “shiny” property after a few weeks. A new website is not a printed leaflet and without any attention, the owner will miss the necessary results. For a successful website, a site owner needs to work on his website continuously. Don’t know how? In this blog post, I will show you how to use the WOC to improve your website.
My website is live and is not yet finished. Actually, not quite. Your website is maybe ready to present to your customers, but this isn’t good enough. A really good website is a process and not an end product.
“Your website is never finished because there is no such thing as a perfect website.”
To make it more understandable, below you will find 5 influences that make it necessary for you to improve your website frequently.
- Your products or services change. New products become available and old ones disappear. Or you change the way you communicate the product’s advantages. Or you got new testimonials from customers. All of these are reason enough to update your website.
- The competition grows. A new competitor enters the market or old competitors are improving. Which means you have to work harder to reach the same results.
- The environment changes. For example more old people are using the web now, and are not so skilled as millennials.
- Changes to law and regulation. As a website owner you have to take care about new laws and regulations. Remember about the impact of the GDPR?
- The web innovates. The web has evolved so much during the last 10 years. That’s why your website needs to change too. Don’t forget the mobile revolution. More and more people are using only their phone to visit your website